After receiving the parts back I realised that the central connection parts just won't work and the flower is far too flat so I went back to Rhino and the good old Sketchbook to do some more problem solving! I've taken the ring back to basics in terms of how it will all connect together to keep things simple with just two pins that will go through the centre of the three layers and then welded into the inside of the ring.
The next thing for me to do is to send this model off to D2W to get it all sinetered in order to see if the parts all work and fit together nicely before I do a final print and get the shank and connecting part cast in Silver.
I am a third year student at the School Of Jewellery in Birmingham. Posts will be based upon my progress through my final year on this DFI course.
© 2016 Jewellery by Rebecca Wilkes.
All content on this site belongs to Rebecca Wilkes.
Any images or ideas taken from this website without permission of the site holder will face prosocution.