After I constructed the model I found that the layers could be more refined and the ring shank could do with being made thicker as even made out of silver it will still be on the thin side. I went back into Rhino and scaled everything up which in turn made the petals thicker and therefore more stable and less likely to snap if caught. I also made the layers have just one shape petal as I think this makes it look more sophisticated and stylish. This has now gone of to Digits2Widgets for the final Nylon SLS Print which I shall be getting back on Monday. The shank has and the dome part have been 3D Printed in a castable wax on a printer called Solidscape (see below), so I will be picking up the castings later on today and assembly of the ring should begin next week ready for my deadline on the 29th!
I am a third year student at the School Of Jewellery in Birmingham. Posts will be based upon my progress through my final year on this DFI course.
© 2016 Jewellery by Rebecca Wilkes.
All content on this site belongs to Rebecca Wilkes.
Any images or ideas taken from this website without permission of the site holder will face prosocution.