The main thing that I need to get right for this concept to be a success is the connecting mechanism for the flower to clip into the ring/neck piece. Once I've completed the problem solving for this I can move onto the flowers and getting them right.
Moving forward I utilised the Ember 3D Printer which uses a resin instead of Nylon and you can print in much finer layers.
From this test I found that the walls to hold the magnet in the male part are far too thing to be sturdy as an interchangeable part. I think that these should be at least 1mm thick. I do, however,like the shank profile. Like the 'Full Bloom' ring this type of rounded shank can be very comfortable to wear.
The next thing for me to do is to go back into Rhino and develop the ring and the location points more before I send a test box off to Digits2Widgets.
I am a third year student at the School Of Jewellery in Birmingham. Posts will be based upon my progress through my final year on this DFI course.
© 2016 Jewellery by Rebecca Wilkes.
All content on this site belongs to Rebecca Wilkes.
Any images or ideas taken from this website without permission of the site holder will face prosocution.