After a very busy term in the D.F.I studio at the School of Jewellery my prototypes are finally starting to form into a reality and getting ready to be put into production!
I made about 15 different prototypes of rings in order to get the magnetic mechanism just ring, with the correct tolerances for printing and casting. It also took a fair few attempts to get the right magnet strength right but I am almost there with that part.
Below are images of a sintering test I did in order to see what the parts would look like in real life and also to test how the hexagon chain mail material works ready for the neck piece.
There are also some images of a recent dye test I tried to see what new colours I could achieve and how the flowers work together once dyed.
As always comments are welcomed and feel free to contact me here for any queries or questions or click here to see my other work.
I am a third year student at the School Of Jewellery in Birmingham. Posts will be based upon my progress through my final year on this DFI course.
© 2016 Jewellery by Rebecca Wilkes.
All content on this site belongs to Rebecca Wilkes.
Any images or ideas taken from this website without permission of the site holder will face prosocution.